a little boom boom

Tony Hawk's Boom Boom Huck Jam was an eye opener. For one, Tony Hawk is a slender soft-spoken 40-year-old that comes across as quite ordinary and respectible...somewhat different from my biased picture of a skateboarding mentor for teenagers. The "Boom Boom" wasn't too loud and the "Huck Jam" featured the "best and brightest" in skateboarding and BMX bikes...and from the air they got, I believe it. Sadly the freestyle moto-x portion was cancelled because of the rain...must be Seattle! Terms such as "kickflip", "ollie", "grind", "slide" and "720" don't seem quite as foreign, yet do have my respect for the amount of time, determination and spacial intelligence required. Sharad's interest sparked the 4-pack deal, which provided a few more "oldies" to the audience...thank you Sarah and Justin for your support!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and what does the "huck" mean? please increase my street cred :)

Anonymous said...

You da best sister ever to take Sharad. Now you got the cred to do da jam ma'am.

Unknown said...

it was the moto X that was cancled not the bmx couse bmx is stunt biciclist

kateen said...

Not sure about "huck" really....either a durable fabric used for dish towels or a long throw....

I suppose if I were the best sister, I'd have the courage to even contemplate standing on the top of a half pipe....smile....

And my bad, Sharad...I fixed it!

Copyright © 2008 - ~ to satiate curiosity ~ - is proudly powered by Blogger