she's taunting me

I recall traveling to Japan and reading the guidebooks which noted how lucky one was if they caught a glimpse of Mt. Fuji on a clear day. Yet, how many times do I see Mt. Rainier during the average week in Seattle? Three to five? And so, I've been thinking...what if every time I looked at this mountain, I was reminded of the experience of climbing her? It would pay dividends! So, I'm looking for company early next August. Good intentions and a deposit are all that is required immediately. Here is a summary description of the climb on the RMI site:


The Four Day Summit Climb is our most popular program. This climb is ideal for first time mountaineers, as well as experienced climbers who are in great physical condition. Mountaineering skills learned during Days One and Two will prepare climbers to safely attempt an ascent of Mt. Rainier with a guide leading their rope. Our route ascends either the Ingraham Glacier or Disappointment Cleaver and utilizes Camp Muir, allowing us to climb with less group gear and lighter packs. The program consists of a Pre-Trip Orientation, Mountaineering Day School and a Summit Climb.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

well, I would if I qualified... 'great physical condition'! hehe

kateen said...

"great physical condition" by August 2009, that is! Smile...even appeals to my procrastinator side!

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

hey, great goal! i won't pretend that i'm considering joining you, but i'll cheer you on! i like your new blog look (not that i didn't before, but kudos to spending time to re-decorate!)

Copyright © 2008 - ~ to satiate curiosity ~ - is proudly powered by Blogger