time and space

Since having more time to spend (wisely...hopefully), I have come to fear mind rot...especially if it's before my mid-40's when most statistically reach the height of their intellect. Hence, I've been trying to tackle one topic per day that stupefies me. Today: time and space.

Just typing these words builds my self esteem: relativity, Einstein, absolutism, luminiferous ether, endurantism, perdurantism...my computer fan is having trouble keeping up. Who knew that time doesn't necessarily have a direction or that it flows or that "do you believe in time travel" shouldn't be answered in one word? Then there are the catchy quotations...but for the one that resonates: "Nothing troubles me more than time and space; and yet nothing troubles me less." ~ Charles Lamb.

Perhaps I should recalibrate tomorrow's topic: emulsion...or return to the "word of the day"...or quotes...or logic problems...or trying to clear my head while sipping tea...

1 comments:

Justin said...

Maybe India will help clear up all your time and space questions! Like more time = more people = less space. Simple algebra I think. Einstein would have thought of that if he'd kept at it.

Copyright © 2008 - ~ to satiate curiosity ~ - is proudly powered by Blogger