i am a thankful woman



I am thankful that I lived long enough to experience the following during Thanksgiving weekend:

  1. To be able to go in a straight line on a skateboard while considering my gracefully-challenged state.
  2. To eat off my father's plate when he became too full...very short-term role reversal...smile...

  3. To find something my mother had lost. This will probably never happen again...her statistical record for being able to remember where she saw the missing item is near impeccable.

  4. To feel more like a twin with my sister Lorenda than ever before...she even taught me how to purl.

  5. To witness 5 am madness at Wal-Mart...very curious expose on humanity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so old, after you finished off my meal, photographed me with glasses - I am checking myself daily in the mirror - looking for signs of aging. - Love you, your dad

kateen said...

While admittedly the glasses did make me giggle, I'm sure they perform the required purpose...smile! All this is somewhat ironic, after you likely checked daily (with hope!) for signs of aging in your daughter some years ago. Ah...embrace maturity! - Love, your proud-of-her-years daughter

Copyright © 2008 - ~ to satiate curiosity ~ - is proudly powered by Blogger